Title: Project Coordinator
Location: Warrnambool – Working from Home
Employment status: Casual
Tangaroa Blue Foundation is an Australia-wide not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the removal and prevention of marine debris: one of the major environmental issues worldwide. We do this by removing what’s already out there, stopping the flow of litter into the ocean and reducing the amount of waste produced.
The Project Coordinator role supports the Management team in the successful delivery of Tangaroa Blue projects, provides expertise and knowledge associated with the Australian Marine Debris Initiative (AMDI) Database data collection and entry and provides on the ground support, problem-solving and solutions.
Purpose of the role
Tangaroa Blue’s (TBF’s) purpose is to minimise the impact of marine debris on marine and human life across fresh or saltwater country through community engagement and science. The Project Coordinator role is to:
- Support the Project Manager in the successful delivery of TBF projects.
- Provide expertise and knowledge associated with AMDI data collection and entry.
- Provide on the ground support, problem solving and solutions.
- Support the organisation, delivery and reporting of project activities under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Effectively communicate activity status and submit all required documentation to the Project Manager for reporting.
- Collaborate with project partners and volunteers to deliver activity outcomes in a respectful and professional manner.
- Document and following on action items from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation material for activities.
- Ensure PPE is provided to all project participants.
- Preparation of all required equipment to ensure the successful delivery of activities.
- Provide administrative support where necessary especially around data collection
- Ensure that the project adheres to and documents all necessary OH&S processes.
- Protect TBF’s reputation at all times.
- Experience in supporting and delivering on ground projects and volunteer coordination.
- Current workplace approved First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Current Blue Card or Working with Children Check.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet.
- Public speaking and presentation skills.
- Data collection and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in working with Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander, Australian South Sea Islander, and other culturally diverse groups.
- Competency in unsealed road driving.
Teamwork and communication
- Actively participate in the creation of a team environment.
- Be an active listener.
- Contribute to team success through driving a collaborative team environment.
- Maintain and initiate regular and professional communication with work colleagues and
Continuous Quality Improvement
- Actively participate in opportunities to continuously improve TBF’s process and procedures.
- Participate and contribute in Workplace, Health and Safety activities to ensure a safe work
environment for staff, visitors, volunteers and the community
- Identify continuous improvements for all policies and procedures that support stakeholder and volunteer experience.
Personal and Professional development
- Continue to develop professionally and personally to meet the changing needs of the
position and the organisation.
- Participate in the organisation’s performance management process.
- Attend training sessions as identified through the performance management process, or as identified by management.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the organisation’s policies and procedures and a commitment to keep updated on emerging changes.
- Demonstrate role model behaviour to TBF staff and volunteers.
- Demonstrate empathy and compassion towards others throughout your work interactions.
- Be independent and willing to work from home.
- Demonstrate commitment to TBF and to maintain a strong work ethic at all times.
- Demonstrate integrity and trust towards the organisation and its stakeholders.
- Operate autonomously whilst maintaining accountability and working within organisational frameworks.
- Demonstrate an openness to learn from others, take on constructive feedback and provide
- Demonstrate a high level of judgment when faced with novel situations.
- Demonstrate a willingness to undertake reflective practice for self-development
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com to apply.
Applications close 24th September, 2023