Title: Project Coordinator – Christmas Island, WA – Part Time.
Location: Remotely from home & on-ground Christmas Island.
Tangaroa Blue Foundation is an Australia-wide not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the removal and prevention of marine debris: one of the major environmental issues worldwide. We do this by removing what’s already out there, stopping the flow of litter into the ocean and reducing the amount of waste produced.
The Project Coordinator role supports the Management team in the successful delivery of Tangaroa Blue projects, provides expertise and knowledge associated with the Australian Marine Debris Initiative (AMDI) Database data collection and entry and provides on the ground support, problem-solving and solutions.
About the role
No two days will be the same. One day you might be on the ground delivering clean-up events or undertaking monitoring activities, the next developing or reporting on source reduction projects.
Overall you will be responsible for supporting the organisation, delivery and reporting of project activities. You will need to effectively communicate activity status and submit all required documentation to management for reporting and collaborate with project partners and volunteers to deliver activity outcomes in a respectful and professional manner.
- Support the organisation, delivery and reporting of project activities under the direction of the Project Manager, including periodic monitoring activities, engagement events and educational activities/workshops.
- Effectively communicate activity status and submit all required documentation to the Project Manager for reporting.
- Collaborate with project partners and volunteers to deliver activity outcomes in a respectful and professional manner.
- Document and follow action items from meetings.
- Prepare necessary presentation material for activities.
- Ensure PPE is provided to all project participants.
- Preparation of all required equipment to ensure the successful delivery of activities.
- Provide administrative support where necessary, especially around data collection processes.
- Ensure that the project adheres to and documents all necessary OH&S processes.
- Protect TBF’s reputation at all times.
- You have a keen interest in environmental stewardship, including minimising the impact of marine debris on marine and human life across fresh or saltwater country.
- With at least 6 months of experience in project management, you are capable of supporting and delivering on-ground projects and coordinating volunteers.
- You’re just as comfortable getting your hands dirty in the field as you are in the office.
- Reside on Christmas Island, WA.
- Experience in supporting and delivering on-ground projects and volunteer coordination.
- Experience in 4WD driving, access to a 4WD vehicle, and competency in driving on unsealed roads.
- Current workplace approved First Aid and CPR Certificate.
- Current Blue Card or Working with Children Check.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email and Internet.
While not necessary, applicants with public speaking, data collection and reporting or knowledge of and experience in working with culturally diverse groups will be highly regarded.