Title: Media and Content Coordinator – remotely from home
Location: Remotely from home.
Tangaroa Blue Foundation is an Australia-wide not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the removal and prevention of marine debris: one of the major environmental issues worldwide. We do this by removing what’s already out there, stopping the flow of litter into the ocean and reducing the amount of waste produced.
The Media and Content Coordinator role supports the Management team in the successful promotion of Tangaroa Blue projects, and has responsibility for all aspects of creating content/social media and communication coordination.
About the role
You will keep a close eye on events, activities and updates to promote through the organisation’s website, social media and other platforms. Working with our team around the Country, you will help them capture engaging stories and images to use across our two “brands” – you will take those stories and write copy or captions and schedule them.
Overall you will be responsible for managing our media communities/channels while supporting the organisation in the promotion, delivery and reporting of project activities.
This is a part-time opportunity, working remotely from home. Ideally based in Queensland, the location of the successful applicant is negotiable.
- You have a keen interest in environmental stewardship, including minimising the impact of marine debris on marine and human life across fresh or saltwater country.
- At least 2 years’ experience in social media, communications and media.
- Knowledge in the creation of image media.
- Computer literacy in Google Suite, WordPress and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn).
- High proficiency in written communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Relevant qualifications or comparable experience.
While not necessary, applicants with public speaking, not-for-profit, project management knowledge and experience in working with culturally diverse groups will be highly regarded.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter and CV to the General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Date published: 24-June-2022