This October marks the start of our month-long series of events that focus on looking after our Reef. Tangaroa Blue Foundation, through the ReefClean Project, is calling on citizen scientists, schools, community groups, local governments, and all ocean lovers to participate in the GBR Clean-up. Six launch events will be held on the weekend of October 5th and 6th in the following locations:
- Quintell Beach, Lockhart River, Cape York, 5/10/2019, 9am-1pm
- Mulligan Bay Beach, Hinchinbrook Island, 5 & 6/10/2019, 8am-4pm
- Rollingstone Beach, Rollingstone, 5/10/2019, 8:30am – 1pm
- Mackay Town Beach, Mackay, 5/10/2019, 8:30am – 1pm
- Farnborough Beach, Yeppoon, 6/10/2019, 8am-1pm
- Innes Park Beach, Innes Park, 5/10/2019, 8am – 1pm
If you’d like to volunteer at one of these locations, please click the link below.
The program also invites groups to adopt and register their own coastal or waterway sites to be cleaned throughout the month, so if you know of a site in your area that needs attention, we encourage you to register that site and get a group together.
Please click here to join an existing event.
Please click here to register your own site.
ReefClean is funded by the Australian Government’s Reef Trust and delivered by Tangaroa Blue Foundation in partnership with Conservation Volunteers Australia, AUSMAP, Capricornia Catchments, Eco Barge Clean Seas, OceanWatch Australia, Reef Check Australia, South Cape York Catchments.
Join the Great Barrier Reef Clean-up today!