- This event has passed.
Perth NRM Coastal Community Forum
November 18 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Add to Calendar
To celebrate the heart of our coastal community – our dedicated volunteers – join us for a day of inspiration, networking and skill-building at the Coastal Community Forum in Rockingham.
This event is suitable for community volunteers and environmental educators who work along the coast, and/or people keen to learn more about exciting coastal and marine projects in Perth.
Date: Saturday 18 November 2023
Location: Gary Holland Community Centre, 19 Kent Street, Rockingham (map)
Tickets: $5 +bf
Food: Morning tea and lunch provided. Please bring along your reusable cup and water bottle.
Schedule: We’re lining up a roster of fabulous presenters who will share their knowledge and stories from their coastal experience, across these three themes:
- Theme 1 – Inspiring People Along Our Coast
- Lincoln Hood (Tangaroa Blue) – The Updated AMDI App
- Linda Davies (Notre Dame) – Marine Debris Project
- Angela Rossen – Environmental Educator and Artist
- Theme 2 – Enhancing Community Action
- Theme 3 – Aboriginal Coastal Experience with Uncle Olman Walley (Boorloo Aboriginal Cultural Experiences)
The final program will be announced closer to the date.
Don’t miss this opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals, gain new knowledge, and celebrate the strength of community. Register now to secure your seat.
This event is made possible through Perth NRM’s Coastal Capacity Building grant, funded by Coastwest and supported by the City of Rockingham.