- This event has passed.
Five Rocks Beach Clean-up – Yeppoon, QLD
September 16, 2022 - September 18, 2022
Add to Calendar
WHERE: Five Rocks Camping Area
DATE: 16th-18th April 2022
Capricornia Catchments has once again teamed up with ReefClean, Queensland Parks and Wildlife Byfield branch with support from Livingstone Shire Council to invite you, your family and friends to the 8th biannual 5 ROCKS BEACH CLEAN-UP.
See below for details on how to REGISTER for an active, inclusive and educational weekend in paradise. Then prep your camp gear and gather your family and friends for a fun and rewarding time that will include:
- BEACH CLEAN-UP – including data collection for inclusion into the Australian Marine Debris Initiative (AMDI) Database
- Fee exempt camping on Friday & Saturday night for all Volunteers;
- BBQ Saturday afternoon
- Bring your instruments for a musos blackboard
- Help keep this paradise clean, enjoy the festivities
- FRIDAY & SATURDAY are the main days for most clean up action, then on SUNDAY we load tippers, pack up and head back.
On Saturday (starting at 9 am) we will as a team attack the marine debris on the worst beaches, working together to look after mother nature.
- As well as helping out, it’s your weekend to chill, surf, fish, whatever. We come here in the first place because we love it and this is exactly why we want to protect & enhance it!
- If debris collection is not your cup of tea but you still want to get involved on the day give us a ring on 07 4921 0573
Copy and paste the following, fill out your details and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or head to Eventbright (link to be provided)
– Vehicle rego number:
– Vehicle make/model:
– How many volunteers are coming:
– How many tents / campers / etc:
– How many nights (Fri &/or Sat):
– Contact number:
It’s that easy.
Once you register you will be added to the growing list of ocean activists.
Please note that this event is a COVID safe event:
– Numbers are limited
– We will be practising social distancing
– You must book to attend
– Stay home if you are unwell
More information will be sent out with your information packs!
If you want to take your volunteering to a new level we have a few positions available on the day to help make sure everything runs smoothly. Just contact Cap catchments and express your interest.
For general enquiries, media, sponsorships and / or partnerships please email: email@example.com or call: 07 4921 0573
ReefClean is funded by the Australian Government’s Reef Trust and delivered by Tangaroa Blue Foundation in partnership with Capricornia Catchments.
All our events comply with COVID 19 restrictions current at the time of the event, so participation will depend on the travel restrictions in place at the time. We will be adhering to the latest advice from the QLD Government on COVID-19 and social distancing guidelines. Please ensure that you check the latest QLD Government COVID requirements for gatherings and if you feel unwell – please don’t attend and stay at home – we’ll catch you on another event later in the year