Tangaroa Blue Foundation is an Australian-registered charity focused on the health of our marine environment and coordinates the Australian Marine Debris Initiative (AMDI), an on-ground network of volunteers, communities, organisations, and agencies around the country monitoring the impacts of marine debris along their stretch of coastline.
We are inviting Expressions of Interest from individuals based in Cairns or Townsville, for a short-term casual Project Officer role. The role is scheduled to commence late August and will run through the end of October 2020, with a possibility of extension, depending on funding. We are looking for a minimum commitment of 16 hours a week, with days and dates to be discussed. There will likely be some weekends needed.
Note that Tangaroa Blue Foundation does not have an office, so this position will involve working from home and in the field.
The successful applicant will be someone who has:
- an understanding of and familiarity with the marine debris issue / Tangaroa Blue / AMDI
- experience working and communicating professionally with a range of stakeholders including Indigenous groups and Council representatives
- experience coordinating and facilitating on-ground events
- experience with data recording and reporting
- attention to detail combined with the ability to learn quickly and on the fly
- the flexibility to work independently or as part of a team
- a home office and computer skills
- great people skills and the ability to lead groups in an event
- the ability to travel for some events
- a reliable vehicle to travel to and from events
- 4WD experience would be a definite advantage
- current CPR & First Aid certificates
- current Blue Card
Please send a brief statement (i.e. maximum 1 page) explaining why you are the person for us and a current resume to email@example.com by Monday, August 17th, 2020, at 5 pm AEST.