Title: DATABASE SUPPORT OFFICER
Location: Remotely from home, ANY location. FULL TIME
Tangaroa Blue Foundation is an Australia-wide not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the removal and prevention of marine debris: one of the major environmental issues worldwide. We do this by removing what’s already out there, stopping the flow of litter into the ocean and reducing the amount of waste produced.
We created the Australian Marine Debris Initiative (AMDI) an on-ground network of volunteers, communities, organisations and partners that contribute data on marine debris to the AMDI Database, and then use this data to inform and monitor solutions that stop the flow of litter at its source.
The Database Support Officer role supports the Tangaroa Blue team through data entry, provides data reports, tables and charts for project reporting and assists both internal and external Database users and clients with data entry, vetting and technical support regarding data submissions.
About the role
You will be responsible for:
- Data entry and vetting;
- Producing on-demand data reports and analysis;
- First tier technical support to internal and external users;
- Maintaining data system files to ensure data quality and integrity;
- QGIS mapping file maintenance; and
- Supporting field-based employees, volunteers and community groups with data entry, debris identification and technical support.
This is a part-time role, with flexible work location however applicants with at least 4 hours crossover with AEST will be viewed favourably.
You have a keen interest in environmental stewardship, but more importantly you love analyzing data sets to aid in data-driven decisions to minimise the impact of marine debris on marine and human life across fresh or saltwater country.
You have at least 12 months of experience in data entry and/or vetting and a keen interest in data and tech support roles.
You also might have experience in GIS mapping and geospatial database systems, SQL Database queries, and an understanding of ITIL frameworks.
You must have:
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including EXCEL and Access;
- Proficiency in Google suite applications including Google sheets; and
- Demonstrated attention to detail, problem-solving and exceptional customer service skills.