Title: Project Coordinator – cairns / fnq
Location: Remotely from home & on-ground in cairns. part-time or casual role available
Tangaroa Blue Foundation is an Australia-wide not-for-profit organisation dedicated to the removal and prevention of marine debris: one of the major environmental issues worldwide. We do this by removing what’s already out there, stopping the flow of litter into the ocean and reducing the amount of waste produced.
The Project Coordinator role supports the Management team in the successful delivery of Tangaroa Blue projects, provides expertise and knowledge associated with the Australian Marine Debris Initiative (AMDI) Database data collection and entry and provides on the ground support, problem-solving and solutions.
About the role
No two days will be the same. One day you might be on the ground delivering clean-up events or undertaking monitoring activities, the next developing or reporting on source reduction projects.
Overall you will be responsible for supporting the organisation, delivery and reporting of project activities. You will need to effectively communicate activity status and submit all required documentation to management for reporting and collaborate with project partners and volunteers to deliver activity outcomes in a respectful and professional manner.
Part-time or casual vacancies exist, working remotely from home.
- You have a keen interest in environmental stewardship, including minimising the impact of marine debris on marine and human life across fresh or saltwater country.
- With at least 6 months of experience in project management, you are capable of supporting and delivering on-ground projects and coordinating volunteers.
- You’re just as comfortable getting your hands dirty in the field as you are in the office.
Specifically, you have:
- Current First Aid and CPR certificates;
- Blue Card or Working with Children Check;
- Computer literacy in the Google suite; and a dedicated home office (including laptop/PC and mobile phone);
- A full drivers licence and car.
While not necessary, applicants with public speaking, data collection and reporting or knowledge of and experience in working with culturally diverse groups will be highly regarded.